Seiten

Mittwoch, 9. September 2015

Farewell, Arrival and the first days

21.08.2015

Hey guys! :D

The first day in Japan is ending and I'm so tired.
In the morning I had to say Goodbye to my parents and my sister at the airport in Frankfurt, of course everybody was crying (it was so sad ;_;)... About one o' clock in the afternoon the boarding started and we could finally enter the airplane, which brought us to Japan. Of course we were the loudest people at the whole airport, but everybody was too excited to be quiet. ^ ^" But we had a lot of fun and the sadness about leaving Germany was gone. After about 11 exhausting hours (I didn't sleep at all ._.) in the plane we finally arrived at about 8 o' clock in the morning in Tokyo Narita. After passing the entry check we got our Aliencards, which is basically an ID for foreigners here in Japan. Because some of us had to wait really long to get their  ID cards we stayed a long time near the baggage carousel and picked up all suitcases from our fellow AFS students. We also met a AFS student from Portugal at our way to the entry check, apparently she was with us in the same plane and we didn't notice. After we all went through the entry check and through costums we finally met the Japanese AFS volunteers. Before we could go to the youth hostel (the "National Olympics Memorial Youth Center") we had to wait for some other exchange students (we waited for five hours ;_;). But it was still super fun with all the exchange students and -again- we were the loudest group there. :D About 2:30 in the afternoon we could finally get in the bus to the youth hostel. Everbody wanted to look out of the windows, but almost all of us fell asleep immediately. Once we arrived at the youth hostel it was already 4 in the afternoon. Plenty of us were tired and it was too hot and humid for any movement. Anyway we ate dinner together in the evening (meat, nuts and onions with sauce, salad and rice) and it was really good for youth hostel food. :D After dinner we had the first meeting, which was called "Japanese Culture", we danced, folded Origami and tried to wear Yukata (I still think this was something to keep us awake :D). After this we went to the Ofuro and took a bath and some of us waited for the other exchange students (for example from the US or the Netherlands) which arrived about 11 o' clock (I think... I was sleeping :D).

22.08.2015

The second day is also over and tomorrow we will meet our host families! I'm totally not ready for this... But I think I would never be ready for this. ^ ^" I'm more worried about the fact that I have to go to school on monday, without a break. Anyway today we had to wake up at 7 o' clock (I really really hate waking up this early x.x)... After the breakfast we had some meetings. First there was an Opening ceremony with some speeches from AFS volunteers. After the ceremony we got some information about Japan and the mobile phone, AFS will give us. After lunch there were a few meetings (about our host families and Japanese culture and stuff) and we got some information about our departure from Tokyo tomorrow. After dinner there was a talent show and the ending ceremony. Some AFS volunteers gave a speech and we sang a song together (I think it was an AFS song or something ^ ^").


23.08.2015

Today we also had to wake up at 7 and clean up our room. :x After breakfast we had some time left so we just talked a bit. ^ ^ Soon we had to say Goodbye to the other people, who wouldn't come to Haneda Airport with us. After we arrived in Haneda I also had to say Goodbye to the other people and me and another girl from the Netherlands went to our gate. About 12 o' clock we could enter the airplane and about 1:45 in the afternoon we arrived in Miyazaki. Our host families picked us up at the airport... I was already super nervous at the plane and when we arrived at the airport I was almost dead. ^ ^"
But my host family is -of course- super nice and friendly, but the communication is still super hard. ^ ^"
My host mother, my host brother and my host sister welcomed me at the airport and we went to a shrine near the sea. The sea and the shrine were so beautiful! *-* When we arrived at home I met my host father, everybody is super nice here! The parents from my host mother are living in the house next to us, so we visited them too. After this we just ate dinner and then I went to bed, because I was super tired... It's very hot and humid here, today were about 38°C at the sea and my room is super hot... But I have a fan, so it's okay! :D

Thats all for today :D
See you soon ^ ^
Anna

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen